In an effort to limit risk to the community or clinic members, I have reluctantly decided to close my appointment book for the next ten days. I am concerned about contact with the virus, and have no wish to pass on any risk of infection.
Once I am confident that it is appropriate to come back to the clinic, I will be available for telephone consultations and can arrange for products to be delivered and paid for over the phone. At this stage, I have no plans to re-open for massage appointments, due to difficulty in maintaining infection control between appointments. When the infection risk changes, this situation will be updated.
As you are all no doubt aware, the COVID-19 virus is highly infectious. Whilst it is difficult to stop the spread, ceasing contact is a useful method of slowing this down. Other aspects of health support include:
- Washing your hands regularly
- Not touching your face
- If sneezing or coughing, ensure you contact your mouth with a tissue or elbow
- Reducing contact as completely as possible
- Rest as much as possible, and ensure quality sleep to help with good immunity
- Eat healthy unprocessed food to keep your immune system strong
- Drink plenty of water and herbal teas to maintain hydration
- Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol
- Continue to exercise within the confines of your home or outside away from others
- Taking vitamin C and zinc can help with improving healing
- Vitamin D has displayed protection for the respiratory system
- Therapeutic herbal medicine can offer immune support, please discuss your health and symptoms with me to establish if this can be appropriate for your health.
Symptoms to be aware of:
- Dry cough
More severe infection can include the above, as well as:
- Shortness of breath
- Exacerbation of other heath conditions, including pneumonia
I will be checking my Facebook messages and email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will endeavour to answer any questions which you have, appropriate to my level of knowledge and information.
If you believe that you have had contact with the virus, please contact your doctor (call, do not visit) or local testing venue. Please see the Department of Health pages for more information.
18 March 2020.