Recipe: Seed Crisps
I took these biscuits recently on a 35km walk with friends. Being as they were universally popular (including with those on an elimination diet, the vegetarian, the low carber, AND my kids), so figured the recipe well worth sharing. Great with avocado, or dip!
•200g sunflower seeds
•100g sesame seeds
•60g flax seeds
•2 tbsp psyllium Husk
•1 tspn Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Line baking tray with baking paper (may need two).
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, stir well, and leave the mixture to stand until thick (about 10 minutes).
- Spread the mixture as thinly as possible on the baking trays. The mixture should be even, with no gaps.
- Bake for 1 hour. They may need another 15-20 minutes and may even need to be turned over as a whole sheet until they are really crispy.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Once cool, break into any size you like and store in an airtight container.
Notes: I ground more salt on top, and added in crushed macadamias, which were increasingly tasty.
Nutrition: (1 piece, size of slice of bread)
Net carbs 1g
(Note: the recipe was extrapolated from a variety of sources, and I changed it as I went and added bits to along the way. Whilst I would love to give credit as appropriate, there were so many which are similar, that I decided best to not reference any at this time.)